Wednesday, May 4

Introductions of the new Team Day #2

Welcome friends. We are back with Day #2 with the newest members of the Inspiration Squad. Yesterday, we introduced you to Kim and Wei-Wei.  Today, we are going to meet Lisa and Channin.


Let's get to know Lisa


Tell us a bit about yourself

Hi, I'm Lisa.   I'm a mid-western girl, born and raised in northern Illinois. I've been married to a great guy for almost 30 years and we raised three awesome girls together.  For most of those years I was a stay at home mom while also working and managing a family owned rental business from home.   

How long have you been paper crafting and when did you start your blog?
I've been paper crafting since 2004 when I started scrapbooking.  Eventually I started making cards because heck, I already had the supplies so why not, right?  I've been making cards for about 8 years now but I really found myself really getting serious about it in 2014 when I made my first 100 cards for Operation Write Home.  That's also when I started blogging about my cards.

What are your top 3 items in your craft area that you couldn’t live without?


I set up my craft room not long after my oldest daughter moved out.   Her old room became my sanctuary and it has become my favorite room in my house.  While I can't work a power tool to save my life, I have mastered my craft tools and I definitely have a few I couldn't live without.  

1. My Office Max guillotine paper trimmer.  It's large but has a permanent place on my craft table. No blades to change -- woohoo!
2. My Sizzix Big Shot die cutting machine.  There's only one thing I love more than stamping and that's die cutting.    
3. My MISTI (Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented by My Sweet Petunia).

What is your favorite CAS-ual Friday stamp set?
I'm so excited for this opportunity to work alongside all the great designers at  CAS-ual Fridays while using their awesome stamps and dies.  If I had to pick my favorite CAS-ual Fridays stamp set it would have to be the Girlfriend stamp set.  I have used that set so many times for my sisters, my daughters and my friends.  I love the little sayings that coordinate with the big, bold title words "friend" and "love ya".  



Now let's get to know Channin

Tell us a bit about yourself
1    I am a wife, mommy to 2 sweet little girls (3 years and 18 months) and, until recently, a full-time student and special education teacher. About a year ago, my whole world got turned upside down when my mom had a heart attack. Thank goodness she survived but the whole event scared me to my core and caused me to revaluate things. I realized just how precious our time is. So my husband and I made a difficult decision, that once I had finished my schooling and certification requirements I would take a break from teaching. So here I am a year later, with a significantly smaller spending budget but much much more time to spend with my loved ones and to get my craft’n on (3 cheers for naptime)!


      Besides loving all things related to paper crafting, I love to travel, cook (especially with my crockpot – that still counts, right?), visit museums, hike, have girls nights with my sisters and my mom, play board games, watch movies (especially my favs over and over and over again), clean my house (I know, I ‘m weird), and be silly with my girls. 

How long have you been paper crafting and when did you start your blog?
1    I am a looooong time paper crafter. ;) Well, when I was really young I remember making bunches of valentines cards and trying to sell them to our neighbors and in high school I started scrapbooking, but things got a lot more serious 4 years ago when I got my cricut and discovered cardmaking, challenges, and stamping! <3 That’s when I started my blog. 

What are your top 3 items in your craft area that you couldn’t live without?

1    My top three crafting items are 1) my versafine onyx black ink pad, my stamps stamp perfectly every time with this ink pad, 2) my white embossing powder, you just gotta love white embossing powder on black cardstock, and 3) my mini Ranger ink blending tool, seriously it really helps you to create seamless ink gradations. 

What is your favorite CAS-ual Friday stamp set?

1    It is really hard to pick a favorite CAS-ual Fridays stamp set. I LOVE sentiment stamps and no one has better sentiment stamps than CAS-ual Fridays. Forced to choose just one, I think I’d have to pick the Sassy Smiles set, I mean “you’re my best friend and there’s nothing you can do about it”, hilarious!!


I hope you will join us tomorrow as we highlight the last two of our new team members. And don’t forget that the newest challenge starts this Friday, May 6th.


     

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

yay Ladies!

Shelly said...

Congrats, ladies!! Yay!!